Recently, there are many inquiries on how to set up a plant for 18650 cells. Based on eSTAR’s know-how on such a project, we will introduce the process in several articles. This is Part One.
Briefly, A market research and analyst is a must to kick off a plant-set-up project. You need to know the market demand firstly. Here is a list for market research for your reference.
- What is the market volume in your area?
- Which kind of cells will be needed? Cylindrical 18650? Pouch Cells or others?
- What is the spec the market needed? Voltage, Volume, Discharge/Charge Rate, and other requests. You usually can get documents from the government for it. This will decide which technologies and materials you need to use.
- What is the application for such cells? for EVs? for Electronics or for Energy Storage System?
- What is the quality request?
- How would like to sell the cells and ensure the sales turnover? Is the sales channels set up or available?
The above is a brief on the market research before starting a plant built-up project. We will introduce more in the coming articles.
eStar Battery Team